Monday, April 30, 2007

Look What Followed Me Home

My engine and arrived to day [4/25/2007]. I thought it would be funny to use the BMW to pick it up from the terminal instead of my pathfinder. (I put the hitch on for hauling canoes and bikes). The engine is from a 2002 Camaro SS 6 speed MT with 18,000 miles on it. I am glad to see after about 2 years of research and planning the project is starting to look serious.

Oh in the one pict you can see the custom headers for the project hanging on the Garage wall.




I plan to pull the existing BMW motor sometime in June or July. I'm still using the car to cart my kids to school. I'll wait until their school gets out then I'll switch back to driving my RX-7, powered by a Nissan V-6, while I work on the BMW.

Until then, I will spend my time collecting a few more parts I need, I'll figure out where all the wires go, send the PCM off for reprogramming and test assemble a few things to the motor. I am hoping to get a lot prepared so once swap begins it will go reasonably quickly.

No comments: